Exporter Associations are professional organizations, operating in several regions of Turkey since 1937. Their mission is to contribute to the economic development of Turkey through improving foreign trade.
Exporter associations have several administrative organs such as general assemblies, boards of directors, supervisory boards and secretariat generals. The general assemblies, the highest decision making organ of the associations, are composed of members (exporters). They convene once a year and establish general guidelines for the administration. The boards of directors and supervisory boards are elected in the general assemblies for a period of two years.
Istanbul Exporters' Associations (IEA-IIB**), which began to operate in 1940 with the foundation of Istanbul Cereals Pulses Oil Seeds Exporters' Association, is one of the 13 general secretariats. There are seven associations under (IEA-IIB)'s roof, operating in six different sectors. These associations are:
- Istanbul Furniture, Paper and Forestry Products Exporters' Association
- Istanbul Cereals Pulses Oil Seeds and Products Exporters' Association
- Istanbul Hazelnut and Hazelnut Products Exporters' Association
- Istanbul Fishery and Animal Products Exporters' Association
- Istanbul Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Exporters' Association
- Istanbul Dried Fruit and Products Exporters' Association
- Ship and Yacht Exporters Association