Ship and Yacht Exporters Association of Turkey was founded in April 2010 under the umbrella of Istanbul Exporters Association with head office in Istanbul; but the history of ship and yacht building industry in Anatolia, dates back to ancient ages.
In terms of unit as well as tonnage, Turkish shipbuilding industry is one of the major producers in the world. Ship and yacht sector support not only the growth of employment and logistic sector; but also foreign currency input and sub-industries. The sector has adequate facilities, technology and workforce.
The docks are located mainly in Tuzla, Yalova, Izmit and other shores. In addition, there are 220 member companies specialized in petrol, chemical, oil and serving tankers, mega yachts, container and cargo ships, bulk carriers, tugboats and repair issues.
Subjects of Ship and Yacht Exporters Association
1. Cargo vessels for the transport of both persons & goods
2. Tankers Turkish Ship & Yacht Exporters Brochure
3. Floating docks and vessels which perform special functions
4. Motorboats, other than outboard motorboats
5. Cruise ships, excursion boats principally designed for transportation of persons
6. Floating or submersible drilling or production platforms
7. Vessels, including lifeboats (excluding warships, rowing boats and other vessels)
8. Tugs and pusher craft
9. Warships of all kinds
10. Rowing boats, canoes, sculls and other pleasure boats
11. Sailboats, with or without auxiliary motor
12. Vessels and other floating structures for breaking up
14. Refrigerated vessels other than tankers
15. Fishing vessels and factory ships
16. Buoys, beacons, coffer-dams, pontoons and other floating structures
17. Inflatable pleasure craft
18. Inflatable rafts including those for carrying shipwrecked persons
19. Anchors, grapnels and parts